The Korean Bioinformation Center (KOBIC) provides the Bio-Express large-scale Genomic Data Analysis Cloud service for those researchers who need large-scale analysis servers or analysis technology.
The Bio-Express is comprised of
- A big data platform for efficient storage, management and utilization of large-scale bio data,
- CLOSHA Integrated Automatic Analysis System with user-friendly interface and analysis environment,
- GBox High-speed Transmission System that transmits a large amount of data at a fast rate.
The big data platform built on the in-house technologies and the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) enables users
to use both popular analysis programs and the Hadoop-based big data analysis program simultaneously.
We also provide a variety of public data, including 1,000 pieces of genomes data and TCGA data to keep researchers updated with the latest public genome data.
CLOSHA Integrated Automatic Analysis System
- Perform analysis works through simple workflow modeling
- Use-friendly interface based on Drag & Drop
- Simultaneous use of regular analysis programs and Hadoop-based big data analysis program
- Ability to download and visualize analysis results
- Ability to monitor the pipeline execution status and results
- Providing a variety of analysis programs/pipelines
GBox High-speed Transmission System
- High-speed transmission of large-scale bioinformation
- Outstanding reliability and stability
- Use-friendly interface
- Efficient use of network bandwidths
- Retransmissions / Transmission history log data
Big data platform using disk caching
- Simultaneous use of regular Linux / Unix analysis programs and big data analysis programs for Hadoop
- Cost effective and highly reliable with the use of Hadoop distributed file system
- Job scheduling fine-tuned to high-speed a large amount of data processing
- Providing services optimized to high-scale infrastructure system / high-speed transmission networks